Friday, January 4, 2008

Keeping in Touch...

Here in the UAE, Etisalat, the only telecommunication carrier, had blocked many internet websites. Two sites which have been blocked and are of great benefit to me are Skype and twitter. Both are being used a lot by many users undertaking the FET8611 course. Yesterday, a friend of mine explained how we can bypass the proxy of Etisalat. The whole process is really simple. Just download and install simple software on your computer then you can start surfing any website.
After I have done the installation of the software on my laptop, I installed Skype software and tested it and it worked PERFECT. All night long I was talking to friends and families in Australia.
I even accessed “twitter” website, which was originally blocked, and I am starting to explore it. I am still discovering all the functionalities of this social networking site.
Before I go and do some more exploration of “twitter” I would to to say, Janet, thank you so much… your help is greatly appreciated..  

No comments: